Students applying at any time for admission to the Graduate Data Science Certificate Program must be enrolled in a graduate degree-granting program at the University of Michigan.
- UM graduate students should complete the web-application form. Students are encouraged to discuss their proposed study program with their advisors, MIDAS Education committee members or MIDAS Faculty prior to submitting an application.
- UM graduate students enrolled in a Rackham graduate program (e.g. MS, PhD, MA, MFA programs) should also submit the form Add a Degree/Certificate Program Application. Please make sure to complete page 5 (code of conduct) of the application. This form should be signed by your departmental Graduate Chair prior to submission. The Graduate Data Science Certificate Program academic program code is 02135, and the academic plan code is 2100CGR.
- UM graduate students enrolled in a non-Rackham graduate program (e.g. MHI, MIS programs) need to complete both of the above steps and enroll in the Rackham graduate school.
- Students not enrolled at the University of Michigan, may attend any of the MIDAS MOOCs. In future, an online certificate program will be available; please check back.
Overview of application process for UM graduate students:
- UM graduate students should complete the web-application form. Students are encouraged to discuss their proposed study program with their advisors, MIDAS Education committee members or MIDAS Faculty prior to submitting an application. Of note, non-Rackham graduate students must apply to Rackham.
- Go to the Rackham Graduate School Application and login.
- Type “Data Science” into the search box, and select the following degree program: Data Science Graduate Certificate
- Make sure to upload your U-M transcript from Wolverine Access (unofficial is OK).
- For the Academic Statement of Purpose, upload a copy of your Data Science Application Form, which you should print to PDF prior to submitting the webform.
- In the Recommendation section, write “Data Science Program — Waived by Dept.” in the First Name field.
- For the Personal Statement, upload a document stating “Data Science Program — Personal Statement Not Required.”
- Pay the application fee
- Email the Program Chair, Ivo Dinov (firstname.lastname@example.org), to inform the committee of your submitted application.