This program helps participants develop data science skills that can be applied to environmental science research, broadly defined as encompassing environmental, climate, earth sciences and ecology. It also helps participants develop strategies for integrating data science into their grant applications, work effectively with data scientists, and build new collaborations.
- Review of math foundation and introduction to High-Performance Computing.
- Basics of Machine Learning (ML).
- Generalized Linear Model and regression.
- Bayesian models; spatial statistics; time series analysis.
- Examples of environmental science research projects with data science methods; Developing research ideas and selecting appropriate data and analytical methods.