The Staff Collective for Data Science (SCDS) is a community of University of Michigan staff who are active or interested in data science and AI. We aim to advance research innovation on campus, augment the group’s expertise, and support the research and career endeavors of our members. All SCDS members together drive the goals, activities and impact of the group.
The Staff Collective for Data Science (SCDS):
- Establishes a peer network of research staff regardless of academic discipline or substantive area to learn from and support each other
- Provides training and professional development opportunities to its members in support of career advancement
- Pools staff expertise to extend resource access and augment research innovation and capacity at the University of Michigan
Aug 27, 2021 – Staff Collective for Data Science Informational Meeting
- We define “data science” broadly. If you are involved in research at the University of Michigan and are interested in data science methods and technology, this group is for you.
- We are an inclusive community. Everyone is welcome regardless of their gender, race, sexual orientation, political and religious beliefs, level of education, job title, etc.
- All members are invited to organize events that promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We strive to make our events as accessible as possible by offering multiple formats that accommodate different schedules.
- If you have a disability, please let us know how we can ensure your full participation in the Collective.
Have a question or would like to suggest an activity? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org