MIDAS is pleased to announce that it will provide up to 20 travel awards for U-M graduate students to attend data science conferences and workshops, and for graduate students elsewhere to travel to U-M for such events. Each award is up to $800.
- Open to all Data Science Masters Degree Program students, all MIDAS Data Science Certificate students, all students whose faculty advisors are MIDAS affiliates, and graduate students from other universities who will attend data science events at U-M.
- Applicants should have good academic standing.
- Students who also have an employment status with the university (such as Graduate Student Research Assistant or Graduate Student Instructor) are ineligible.
Application process: The application should include:
- a description (up to one-page) of the event, how the applicant will benefit from it;
- if the applicant will present at the event, please include the title and abstract of the presentation;
- a recommendation letter from the applicant’s faculty advisor;
- an estimate of travel cost. Please indicate if the applicant has applied for funding from other sources for the same event (e.g. Rackham) and the status of the application. MIDAS award can supplement the other awards but the sum should not exceed the estimated travel cost.
This award will support domestic travel only. All events need to take place and all reimbursement requests need to be submitted by Aug. 31, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis while the fund lasts.