Data Science for Transportation is one of the research focus areas that MIDAS supports with its Challenge Awards. Our long-term goal is to support this research area more broadly, using the Challenge Award projects as the starting point to build a critical mass. This symposium offers a platform for all participants to explore collaboration opportunities and aims to attract more researchers to our hub. It will feature in-depth presentations from two Challenge Award teams, and all participants are encouraged to submit posters on research related to Data Science for Transportation.
10:30 am to 10:45 am: Welcome and Introductions, MIDAS Co-Director Al Hero
10:45 am to 12:00 pm: Building a Transportation Data Ecosystem, Carol Flannagan and team
12:00 to 1 pm: Lunch, Poster Session, Networking
1 to 2:00 pm: Reinventing Public Urban Transportation and Mobility, Pascal Van Hentenryck
2 to 3 pm: Panel discussion: The Future of Data Science for Transportation at U-M.
- Clive D’Souza, Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Carol Flannagan, U-M Transportation Research Institute
- Al Hero (Moderator), MIDAS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Dave LeBlanc, U-M Transportation Research Institute
- Pascal Van Hentenryck, Industrial and Operations Engineering
For questions: email@example.com.
Recommended Visitor Parking: Palmer Parking Structure, Palmer Drive, Ann Arbor