Members and Events
- We define “data science” broadly. If you support research at the University of Michigan at any and all stages of the research process and are interested in data science methods and technology, this group is for you.
- We are an inclusive community. Everyone is welcome regardless of their gender, race, sexual orientation, political and religious beliefs, level of education, job title, etc.
- All members are invited to organize events that promote diversity, equity and inclusion.
- We strive to make our events as accessible as possible by offering multiple formats that accommodate different schedules.
- If you have a disability, please let us know how we can ensure your full participation in the Collective.
- Have any questions or want to contact us? Email: SDSemail@example.com
Program Manager, Big Data and Data Science, Center for Political Studies
Data Systems Manager, Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center
Technical Lead, Data Scientist at Institute for Social Research
|Name||Job Title||Department||Expertise and/or Recent Projects|
|Jule Krüger||Program Manager, big data/data science||Institute for Social Research/Advanced Research Computing||Dr. Krüger has more than 10 years of experience in processing, analyzing and interpreting data for social science research, and automating workflows for scalable, auditable and reproducible analysis. She can assist with R, Python, Markdown, Make, bash, LaTeX programming, and version control in git.|
|Jonathan (Jon) Reader (he/him/his)||Michigan Alzheimer’s Disease Center’s Data Systems Manager||Neurology (Michigan Medicine)||Electronic data collection pipeline and processing using GitLab, REDCap, cron, R (tidyverse), and Python; Data request fulfillment using TeamDynamix, GitLab, REDCap, R (tidyverse), and Excel|
|Mengying Zhang||LIFE-M Project Manager||Population Studies Center, ISR||Data Science, Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Graph Mining
recent projects: 1) Large-scale family tree generation using ML based historical record linkage; 2) Question Answering using BERT and Dynamic Memory Neural Network; 3) Link prediction for the next friend formation in social networks; 4) Plagiarism detection with AWS sagemaker model deployment