The Center for Academic Innovation and SiemensUSA are partnering to support and encourage the development of new MOOC specializations in cutting-edge spaces! Together, they are providing University of Michigan faculty the opportunity to receive with up to $75,000 in financial stipends and $150,000 or more of in-kind expertise and support from the CAI and Siemens teams in a brand new “Breakthrough Technology” Call for Proposals.
They’d love to partner with faculty to develop a set of MOOCs in one of the following innovative areas:
- The Future of Mobility
- Digital Twins
- Additive Manufacturing
- Model-based Systems Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
These courses will help provide real-world skill-building opportunities for our global community of learners and created content can be re-used to enhance residential courses as well.
Chosen proposals will receive:
- up to $75,000 in financial support from Academic Innovation and Siemens
- at least $150,000 in in-kind support from Academic Innovation in the form of instructional design consultation, project management, and media production
- potential for shared revenue generated from specialization certificates
- access to Siemens expertise that includes software, subject matter consultation, product support, project collaboration, etc.
- IP and copyright ownership of created course materials
Faculty may apply as individuals or as part of a team. Proposals are due May 15. For more information, please visit ai.umich.edu/academic-innovation-fund.