Associate Professor, Mobile and Interactive Marketing
Sy Banerjee studies the impact of mobile devices on consumer behavior and on the processing of signals emerging from location-based Social Media posts. He teaches a MBA class on digital marketing and Big Data and collaborates with researchers from Business, GIS and Computer Science. Some of his recent works include:
- Assessing Prime-Time for Geotargeting With Mobile Big Data, Sy Banerjee, Vijay Viswanathan, Kalyan Raman, Hao Ying, Journal of Marketing Analytics, 2013, Vol. 1(3), pp 174-183.
- “Visualizing active travel sentiment in an urban context” with Greg Rybarczyk, International Conference on Transport & Health MINETA Transportation Institute, San Jose, California, July 2016.
- “Assigning Geo-Relevance of Sentiments Mined from Location-Based Social Media Posts” with R. Sanborn and M. Farmer, in Advances in Intelligent Data Analysis XIV, LNCS
- “Understanding In-Store Consumer Experiences via User Generated Content from Social Media”, working paper with Karthik Sridhar and Ashwin Aravindakshan
- “Tweeted Customer Emotions as Currency for Competitive Performance: A Framework of Location-Based Social Media Listening”, working paper with Amit Poddar, Karthik Sridhar, Nanda Kumar