Women in Data Science: Stanford University, March 5, 2018
March 5, 2018
Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference
Registration for Livestream
The Global Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and support women in the field. This annual one-day technical conference provides an opportunity to hear about the latest data science related research and applications in a broad set of domains, All genders are invited to participate in the conference, which features exclusively female speakers.
Next WiDS Conference: March 5, 2018 at Stanford University & 100+ locations worldwide
WiDS will be held at Stanford university, and at 100+ regional events hosted by WiDS Ambassadors, and available via livestream. The 2018 program will feature fantastic speakers on a broad array of topics ranging from cybersecurity to astrophysics to computational finance, and more. Register now for an event near you.
New for 2018: WiDS Datathon
This year, we’ll be conducting the first-ever WiDS Datathon, a joint effort between Stanford, Kaggle (a Google company), Intuit, InterMedia (a recipient of the Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, and West Big Data Innovation Hub.. The datathon runs from February 1-28, 2018, and winners will be announced at our March 5, 2018, conference at Stanford.
- 75,000+ participants from 75 countries via live stream and Facebook Live, at regional events or online
- 80+ regional events worldwide from 30 countries, simultaneous or delayed broadcast, many with regional speakers.
- #WiDS2017 hashtag trended on Twitter all day long
- WiDS Stanford: 400 attendees from 31 universities and 114 companies and other organizations, with 1/3 students and 2/3 academics and industry professionals
- 33 distinguished female speakers, moderators, and panelists