- This event has passed.
RNA-Seq Analysis Workshop
December 15, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Bioinformatics Core is piloting a workshop on RNA-Seq analysis on December 14 &15 from 9:00am-1:00pm (ET) each day. Although there is no cost for this workshop, please respond email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a seat. Note that attendees must be available for both days.
This virtual, hands-on workshop introduces the basic steps in analyzing differential gene expression in RNA-Seq data.
- By the end of the course, attendees will be able to
- Articulate the impact of experimental design and sequencing protocol on analytical results
- Transform raw sequencing data into annotated differential expression values using a suite of open-source tools.
- Identify common data quality problems and understand their impact and possible mitigations
- This workshop is targeted toward researchers who would like to be able to run RNA-Seq analysis on their own. It assumes a very basic familiarity with genetics, the command line, and R or R-Studio.
- Sample data will be provided; attendees will use their own workstation laptop to run the tools. Setup instructions and assistance will be provided in advance of the workshop.
- The workshop will be conducted over Zoom; Zoom recordings and digital course content will be made available to attendees. (Attendees must have reliable access to the internet.)
- The workshop will be conducted in two 4 hour blocks from 9:00am-1:00pm (ET).