- This event has passed.
MIDAS Health Sciences Challenge Symposium
May 1, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Forum Hall, Palmer Commons
Data-intensive health science is one of the research focus areas that MIDAS supports with its Challenge Awards. Our long-term goal is to support this research area more broadly, using the Challenge Award projects as the starting point to build a critical mass. This symposium offers a platform for all participants to explore collaboration opportunities and aims to attract more researchers to our hub. It will feature in-depth presentations from three Challenge Award teams, and all participants are encouraged to submit posters on data-intensive health science research.
9 am to 12:50 pm: Welcome and Challenge Award Presentations
- 9 – 9:05 am: Welcome and Introductions, MIDAS Co-Director Brian Athey
- 9:05 – 10:20 am: Michigan Integrated Center for Health Analytics and Medical Prediction, Brahmajee Nallamothu and team
- 10:20 – 11:35 am: Identifying Real-Time Data Predictors of Stress and Depression Using Mobile Technology, Srijan Sen and team
- 11:35 am – 12:50 pm: Michigan Center for Single-Cell Genomic Analytics, Jun Li, Anna Gilbert and team
12:50 pm to 2:15 pm: Lunch, Poster Session and Networking [poster dimensions: up to 6ft wide X 4ft height]
2:15 pm: Panel Discussion: The Future of Data-intensive Health Sciences at U-M.
- Panelists: Brian Athey (Moderator), Marisa Eisenberg, Jun Li, Brahmajee Nallamothu, Srijan Sen, Kevin Ward
Please register online. Please submit poster abstracts (< 300 words). Submission Deadline: April 28.
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.