- This event has passed.
MIDAS Annual Symposium: “Big Data: Advancing Science, Changing the World” (Day 1)
November 15, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Please join us the Michigan Institute for Data Science Annual Symposium, “Big Data: Advancing Science, Changing the World,” at the Michigan League. The symposium will feature preeminent data scientists from around the world, and will highlight U-M researchers whose work is on the leading edge of innovation and discovery in data-intensive science.
Day 1 speakers:
- KEYNOTE: Robert Groves, Georgetown University, former head of the Census Bureau and former U-M faculty member
- Michelle Dunn, National Institutes of Health
- Tom Luo, Shenzhen University, Hong Kong
- Patrick Wolfe, University College, London
- Christos Cassandras, Boston University
- Katherine Ensor, Rice University
- Dexter Fletcher, Institute for Defense Analysis
- Todd Coleman, University of California, San Diego
- Xihong Lin, Harvard University
- Jonathan Schildcrout, Vanderbilt University
- Brian Athey & Al Hero, MIDAS C0-Directors
- Eric Michielssen, Associate Vice President, Advanced Research Computing
The symposium will also feature a student poster session, and opportunities for students to meet with potential employers interested in data scientists.
For a detailed schedule including talk titles and abstracts, and speaker bios, visit http://midas.umich.edu/2016-symposium/agenda/.