- This event has passed.
MIDAS Annual Symposium: “Big Data: Advancing Science, Changing the World” (Day 2)
November 16, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Michigan League, Ballroom
Please join us the Michigan Institute for Data Science Annual Symposium, “Big Data: Advancing Science, Changing the World,” at the Michigan League. The symposium will feature preeminent data scientists from around the world, and will highlight U-M researchers whose work is on the leading edge of innovation and discovery in data-intensive science.
Day 2 speakers :
- KEYNOTE: Sudip Bhattacharjee, Chief, Center for Big Data Research and Applications, US Census Bureau
- Deen Freelon, School of Communications, American University
- Chris Vargo, Communications, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Lynn Vavrek, Political Science, UCLA; contributor to The Upshot blog, New York Times
- Carol Flannagan, U-M Transportation Research Institute
- Pascal Van Hententryck, U-M College of Engineering
- Jipeng Yi, Didi Chuxing
- Michelle Aebersold, U-M School of Nursing
- Rada Mihalcea, U-M College of Engineering
- Stephanie Teasley, U-M School of Information
The symposium will also feature a student poster session, and opportunities for students to meet with potential employers interested in data scientists.
For a detailed schedule including talk titles and abstracts, and speaker bios, visit http://midas.umich.edu/2016-symposium/agenda/.