- This event has passed.
MIDAS Learning Analytics Challenge Symposium
May 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Michigan League, Vandenberg Room
Learning analytics is one of the research focus areas that MIDAS supports with its Challenge Awards. Our long-term goal is to support this research area more broadly, using the Challenge Award projects as the starting point to build a critical mass. This symposium offers a platform for all participants to explore collaboration opportunities and aims to attract more researchers to our hub. It will feature in-depth presentations from two Challenge Award teams, and all participants are encouraged to submit posters on research related to Learning Analytics.
9 am to 11:30 am: Welcome and Challenge Award presentations
- 9:00 am: Welcome, Al Hero, MIDAS Co-Director
- 9:05 am: LEAP: Analytics for LEarners As People, Rada Mihalcea and team
- 10:20 am: HOME: Holistic Modeling of Education, Stephanie Teasley and team
11:30 am to 1 pm: Lunch, Poster Session, Networking [poster dimensions: up to 6ft wide X 4ft height]
1 to 2 pm: Panel discussion: The Future of Data Science for Learning Analytics at U-M
- Steve DesJardins, Education, Public Policy
- Cynthia Finelli, Engineering Education Research Program
- Al Hero (Moderator), MIDAS, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Rada Mihalcea, Computer Science Engineering
- Stephanie Teasley, Information
For questions: email@example.com.
Recommended Visitor Parking: Palmer Parking Structure, Palmer Drive, Ann Arbor