- This event has passed.
Graduate Studies in Computational & Data Sciences Info Session – North Campus
September 24 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Johnson Rooms, Lurie Engineering Center, 3rd Floor
Learn about graduate programs that will prepare you for success in computationally intensive fields — pizza and pop provided
- The Ph.D. in Scientific Computing is open to all Ph.D. students who will make extensive use of large-scale computation, computational methods, or algorithms for advanced computer architectures in their studies. It is a joint degree program, with students earning a Ph.D. from their current departments, “… and Scientific Computing” — for example, “Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering and Scientific Computing.”
- The Graduate Certificate in Computational Discovery and Engineering trains graduate students in computationally intensive research so they can excel in interdisciplinary HPC-focused research and product development environments. The certificate is open to all students currently pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Michigan.
- The Graduate Certificate in Data Science is focused on developing core proficiencies in data analytics:
1) Modeling — Understanding of core data science principles, assumptions and applications;
2) Technology — Knowledge of basic protocols for data management, processing, computation, information extraction, and visualization;
3) Practice — Hands-on experience with real data, modeling tools, and technology resources.