The Graduate Data Science Certificate Program is open for enrollment to current University of Michigan graduate students, from any degree-granting program at the University. Students can apply at any time subject to two constraints: (1) complete applications submitted by August 1st each year will be considered for Fall semester admission and applications received by December 1st for the Winter semester; and (2) Newly admitted graduate students, may not apply until they have their grades for at least one semester.
- UM graduate students should complete the web-application form. Students are encouraged to discuss their proposed study program with their advisors, MIDAS Education committee members or MIDAS Faculty prior to submitting an application.
- UM graduate students enrolled in a Rackham graduate program (e.g. MS, PhD, MA, MFA programs) should also complete the Rackham Add a Degree/Certificate Online application. Please email email@example.com once you have completed the online application.The Graduate Data Science Certificate Program academic program code is 02135, and the academic plan code is 2100CGR.
- UM graduate students enrolled in a non-Rackham graduate program (e.g. MHI, MIS programs) need to complete both of the above steps and enroll in the Rackham graduate school.
- Students not enrolled at the University of Michigan, may attend any of the MIDAS MOOCs. In future, an online certificate program may be available; please check back.
Overview of application process for UM graduate students in non-Rackham graduate programs: Please note that your first semester grades must be posted before applying for this certificate.
- UM graduate students should complete the web-application form. Students are encouraged to discuss their proposed study program with their advisors, MIDAS Education committee members or MIDAS Faculty prior to submitting an application. Of note, non-Rackham graduate students must apply to Rackham.
- Go to the Rackham Graduate School Application, click on the button entitled ‘Apply Now’, and login.
- Type “Data Science” into the search box, and select the following degree program: Data Science Graduate Certificate
- For the Academic Statement of Purpose, upload a document stating “Data Science Program – Academic Statement of Purpose not required.
- In the Recommendation section, write “Data Science Program — Waived by Dept.” in the First Name field.
- Pay the application fee
- Email the Program Chair, Ivo Dinov (firstname.lastname@example.org) and email@example.com, to inform the committee of your submitted application.