Linking existing social survey data to administrative (big) data sources is a powerful way to expand the data available for sociological inquiry. This project pursues a range of different linkage projects. We will add historical Census data as well as rich data on housing from a real estate vendor to ongoing, large-scale survey studies of American families. These matched data will end up supporting exciting new opportunities for research on the long-term trends in economic wellbeing and the transmission of social inequality across generations in the United States.
- Midwest Big Data Hub transitions to second phase with new NSF award
- Nia Dowell, MIDAS funded postdoc, awarded Best Paper representing Education for All at AIED2019
- Dr. Sue Hammoud and the Michigan Center for Single-Cell Genomic Data Analytics team awarded $3.7 million
- Researchers Leverage Data Science to address Critical Illness and Injury
- U-M SI and MIDAS faculty Ceren Budak among first to study Facebook data