Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship
This program, funded by the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship, a program of Schmidt Futures, provides outstanding early-career researchers with intensive training and research experience as they ready themselves for independent research in academia and other sectors. As one of the sites in the global network of postdoc programs funded by Schmidt Futures, we aim to enable the substantive use of AI for breakthroughs in science and engineering, and cultivate global science leaders. Specifically, we will:
- Catalyze creative and transformative applications of AI with the potential to lead to major scientific breakthroughs carried out by the Fellows and their mentors
- Enable a broader U-M research community to adopt AI in imagining, planning, executing supporting research applications across a range of science and engineering domains
- Provide outstanding training to program Fellows
- Collaborate with other sites to maximize the impact of the program
Upcoming Event on 4/3/2023: AI in Science & Engineering Day 2023!
Are you wondering what “AI in Science and Engineering” is? Are you thinking about whether AI methods can enable breakthroughs in your research? Are you seeking collaborators to do so? Faculty members, researcher and trainees, please join us for a day of insightful presentations and discussions on the latest trends and developments in AI for science and engineering. The event will feature talks from prominent researchers and industry leaders, discussions with the Schmidt AI in Science postdocs, and provides a valuable opportunity to learn how you may adopt AI methods in your research and where you can find collaborators.
AI in Science and Engineering Events
- Monday, April 3, Forum Hall, Palmer Commons
U-M AI in Science and Engineering Day - Colloquium talks, panels, and more!
A number of U-M research and training organizations are close collaborators with MIDAS and their focus areas are closely related to AI in Science and Engineering. The Schmidt AI in Science Fellows, their mentors and collaborators, and other researchers in similar fields will benefit greatly through connections with these organizations. MIDAS will also collaborate with these organizations for several upcoming AI in Science activities.