Eric and Wendy Schmidt AI in Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
This program, funded by the Eric and Wendy Schmidt Postdoctoral Fellowship, a program of Schmidt Futures, provides outstanding early-career researchers with intensive training and research experience as they ready themselves for independent research in academia and other sectors. As one of the sites in the global network of postdoc programs funded by the same foundation, we aim to enable the substantive use of AI for breakthroughs in science and engineering, and cultivate global science leaders. Specifically, we will:
- Catalyze creative and transformative applications of AI with the potential to lead to major scientific breakthroughs carried out by the Fellows and their mentors
- Enable a broader U-M research community to adopt AI in imagining, planning, executing supporting research applications across a range of science and engineering domains
- Provide outstanding training to program Fellows
- Collaborate with other sites to maximize the impact of the program
- Read the Schmidt Futures press release.
Read the University of Michigan news article.
- View the recording of our Oct. 10 informational Town Hall meeting, or download the Town Hall slides.
(Some program details were revealed after the Town Hall presentation. Please refer to the FAQ and Apply pages for the latest information.)
AI in Science Events
- October 10 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- October 10 @ 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
A number of U-M research and training organizations are close collaborators with MIDAS and their focus areas are closely related to AI in Science and Engineering. The Schmidt AI in Science Fellows, their mentors and collaborators, and other researchers in similar fields will benefit greatly through connections with these organizations. MIDAS will also collaborate with these organizations for several upcoming AI in Science activities.