Dr. Sandy Pentland of MIT appeared at the Rackham Amphitheater on December 11, 2015 as the inaugural speaker in the MIDAS Distinguished Lecture Series. His talk was titled “Social Physics: Harnessing Big Data and Machine Learning in Support of Human Goals,” and can now be viewed online.
- MIDAS core faculty, Dr. Robert Hampshire, leads a team of MIDAS faculty to receive NSF Convergence Accelerator grant
- MIDAS affiliated faculty, Dr. Mike Cafarella, receives funding from NSF’s Convergence Accelerator in Harnessing the Data Revolution
- MIDAS faculty and Co-director of U-M Precision Health Initiative Jenna Wiens publishes paper outlining responsible machine learning for healthcare
- Michigan Institute for Data Science Announces the First Cohort of Michigan Data Science Fellows
- Midwest Big Data Hub transitions to second phase with new NSF award