Some examples of potential areas of study are given below. Note that this list is not exhaustive, and proposals of other topics that fit with the general theme of the initiative are welcome.
- Auditory presentation and analysis of data;
- Algorithms and computer composition;
- Computational analysis of music and music perception;
- Performance analysis;
- Big Data-based acoustics or instrument design;
- The analysis of music education methods;
- Designing music and sound for use in healthcare, advocacy and other settings;
- “Crowd sourcing” for collaborative music making and experience;
- Music recommender systems;
- Data-based fundraising strategies for music organizations.
A two-page letter of intent is due on January 19, 2018.
Project principal investigators and co-principal investigators must be faculty members at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor campus. Multi-disciplinary teams are encouraged to apply. An individual may participate as PI/co-PI on only one full proposal.
For questions, please contact Jing Liu, MIDAS senior scientist, email@example.com, 734-764-2750