Linking existing social survey data to administrative (big) data sources is a powerful way to expand the data available for sociological inquiry. This project pursues a range of different linkage projects. We will add historical Census data as well as rich data on housing from a real estate vendor to ongoing, large-scale survey studies of American families. These matched data will end up supporting exciting new opportunities for research on the long-term trends in economic wellbeing and the transmission of social inequality across generations in the United States.
- Big Data in Transportation and Mobility symposium highlights diverse, emerging issues
- ARC-TS seeks input on next generation HPC cluster
- Job Opening: Research Cloud Administrator
- New private insurance claims dataset and analytic support now available to health care researchers
- MIDAS starting research group on mobile sensor analytics