Linking existing social survey data to administrative (big) data sources is a powerful way to expand the data available for sociological inquiry. This project pursues a range of different linkage projects. We will add historical Census data as well as rich data on housing from a real estate vendor to ongoing, large-scale survey studies of American families. These matched data will end up supporting exciting new opportunities for research on the long-term trends in economic wellbeing and the transmission of social inequality across generations in the United States.
- UM-Dearborn offers new interdisciplinary data science graduate program
- U-M, SJTU research teams share $1 million for data science projects
- Call for Proposals: Amazon Research Awards, deadline 9/15/17
- Liza Levina, PhD, Chosen IMS Medallion Lecturer in 2019
- SAVE THE DATE: MIDAS Annual Symposium, Oct. 11