Linking existing social survey data to administrative (big) data sources is a powerful way to expand the data available for sociological inquiry. This project pursues a range of different linkage projects. We will add historical Census data as well as rich data on housing from a real estate vendor to ongoing, large-scale survey studies of American families. These matched data will end up supporting exciting new opportunities for research on the long-term trends in economic wellbeing and the transmission of social inequality across generations in the United States.
- MIDAS to host faculty meeting on NSF BIGDATA solicitation
- ARC Director Sharon Broude Geva elected vice-chair of Coalition for Academic Scientific Computing
- Women in Data Science Conference — Feb. 3, Michigan League
- Undergrad Research Opportunity: Linking Survey and Big Data
- U-M professors and students develop app to help Flint residents identify lead risks