Dr. Sandy Pentland of MIT appeared at the Rackham Amphitheater on December 11, 2015 as the inaugural speaker in the MIDAS Distinguished Lecture Series. His talk was titled “Social Physics: Harnessing Big Data and Machine Learning in Support of Human Goals,” and can now be viewed online.
- Gilbert, Rudelson, Wu named Simons Foundation Fellows in Mathematics
- Workshop co-chaired by MIDAS co-director Prof. Hero releases proceedings on inference in big data
- Emily Mower Provost Receives NSF CAREER Award to Develop Emotion and Mood Recognition for Mental Health Monitoring and Treatment
- Ambuj Tewari selected as 2017 Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellow in Computer Science
- MDST announces Detroit blight data challenge; organizational meeting Feb. 16